I find myself resenting just giving and giving and giving time to others but not “giving” to myself. So, it’s time to give more time to myself so I can be a happier me.
1. Taking an hour lunch at work because I can and so I can take a walk, get some exercise, get some sun and fresh air, and clear my head.
2. Taking time at home to do the spring cleaning I want to do so I don’t feel so cluttered.
3. Taking time to do those little things that make our place not just a house but a home. Just because we’re moving doesn’t were gone yet.
4. Saying “no I just don’t have time for that” or “I’m gonna make time for this because it makes me happy.”
5. I’m not going to make my happiness dependent on my partner’s happiness – we are our own bodies and we will have our own swings. While it gives me great pleasure to make my partner happy – that is not my “responsibility” – it is my joy but not my job. Doing what I need to do to be a happier me will make both of us happier. A grumpy burned out wife does not make for a happy marriage.